Friday, December 12, 2008

Flushed From The Bathroom Of Your Heart - Johnny Cash

I almost always play my iPod on shuffle and this song came on earlier today. It gets a smile out of me every time I hear it. There's not much to say about it, it's just a silly song.

I wasn't able to find writer credits but the album I have it on is At Folsom Prison (1968)











From the backdoor of your life you swept me out dear
In the bread line of your dreams I lost my place
At the table of your love I got the brush off
At the Indianapolis of your heart I lost the race

I’ve been washed down the sink of your conscience
In the theater of your love I lost my part
And now you say you’ve got me out of your conscience
I’ve been flushed from the bathroom of your heart

In the garbage disposal of you dreams I’ve been ground up dear
On the river of your plans I’m up the creek
Up the elevator of your future I’ve been shafted
On the calendar of your events I’m last week

I’ve been washed down the sink of your conscience
In the theater of your love I lost my part
And now you say you’ve got me out of your conscience
I’ve been flushed from the bathroom of your heart

2 comments:

J said...

I love this song! My Nanna used to sing it to me, haha.

And yeah thanks for the comment on those pictures...

Last night was too funny to pass up on talking about.

I love Van Gogh. I have a poster that has three of his paintings hanging in my room. :D

J said...

-- And who could hate C.S. Lewis quotes? Heh.