Wednesday, December 10, 2008

To Write Love On Her Arms

Jennifer Gleason mentioned this organization on her blog, so I went to their site to check it out. 
Here is their mission statement: "To Write Love On Her Arms is a nonprofit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire and also invest directly into treatment and recovery." 

Their vision is described in great detail on their website which also includes the story of the first person they helped, info on the issues they help with, how you can help, and more. I put a link to their vision page in my Suggested Links section. Please take a minute to see what they are about. 

Thanks Jennifer for pointing them out!

1 comment:

J said...

Ha, I saw my name! And yes! Thank you so much for mentioning them! You have no idea how much that means to me. On February 13, 2008, everyone that supports the cause writes "love" on their arm because the day before Valentine's Day is the date of the largest known suicides in teens and some adults.

You spread the message and tell others about it and get them to write love on their arms as well so you can hopefully help others if they really needed someone to tell them they do have someone to turn to.

It is a wonderful thing and last year, between Melody and I while I was at Henry County and she was at Ola, we got a total of 45 people to write love on their arms. It was so amazing.